Saturday, June 29, 2013

On this day in history...

June 29, 2006 is Irene Freak-Out Day.

Although not celebrated, this is a holiday in my Perpetual Calendar of all things significant and noteworthy. (The calendar dates back to 1992.)

Explanation of Irene Freak-Out Day:

The exact reason for the end of the friendship with Irene is related to her indignant reaction to our moving our business out of her building in Worcester, MA and moving into 26 Valley Rd. in Barre.

As far as I know, the reasons behind her reaction involved some expectation that we were going to buy a building and her business and ours were going to move into it...and/or we were just supposed to stay in her building indefinitely. I'm not really sure what were the reasons because they weren't ever verbalized even though I asked several times.

When we moved our travel business and art gallery to Worcester, we were very upfront about giving the move a one-year trial. After one year, we'd sold exactly TWO pieces of art, so we realized that being in Worcester didn't mean a larger customer base. Since it was about a 35-40 minute drive to Worcester and we'd found space in our hometown of Barre (The Tatman House) we decided to move.

When we told Irene, she didn't say anything and pretty much stopped talking to us altogether. Moving out was stressful and awkward. I had offered the July rent, which she refused.

The friendship ended at that point, which was very upsetting. We'd been the very best of friends for a couple of years, and an abrupt end to the friendship was totally unexpected.

That's the story from my point of view.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that what you do really affects peoples lives and that people - like me - truly appreciate it.
www.tricouhouse.com |

11/19/2014 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mate this is a very nice blog here. I wanted to comment & say that I enjoyed reading your posts & they are all very well written out. You make blogging look easy lol I’ll attemp to start a blog later today and I hope it’s half as good as your blog! Much success to you!
http://www.autoingrosstore.com |

11/21/2014 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are now so popular. I am now bookmarked to this site. I am happy to be one of their community.
www.barriebusinessdevelopment.com |

11/24/2014 02:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
www.healthetarians.com |

11/25/2014 04:39:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much! Really rich content and very useful information. I found my problem’s solution starting over here.
www.squarefood.org |

11/26/2014 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming over again to read other news.
www.dornhomes.org |

11/27/2014 06:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home