Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mr. Peabody says: "Sherman, set the Waybac machine for the year 1968."

Mr. Peabody says "Sherman, set the Waybac machine for the year 1968." Sherman answers, "What's in 1968, Mr. Peabody?" Mr. Peabody smiles and says "you'll see..."



It’s 1968 and my 13th birthday. I’m having a birthday party. There are between 6 and 8 friends invited. I only remember Pamela Alsobrook by name. She has the distinction of being the first girl I ever kissed. 


For my present, I got a blue skateboard and I stood on it for a picture. I’m wearing a ridiculous white cowboy hat and making a smiling “don’t take my picture” face while pointing to whomever took the picture (almost certainly my mother). Pamela is looking at me laughing with a bigger laugh that is necessary for the great feat of standing on a skateboard while having your picture taken.

Of course, in 1968, getting your picture taken wasn’t as casual an event as it is today.

I have the actual photo of this event. If I can find it, I will add it to this post or to a future post. 


Update: I couldn't find the picture I mentioned above but I found a picture taken at the same time but the girl in the photo isn't Pamela, it's Patty Bushman.

UPDATE! I found the picture~ here it is:


Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.
www.hometorrevieja.com |

11/19/2014 12:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoy for our long-sufferings to experience pleasure, however whereas they get steels, we are hardly ecstatic about them eating truly clammy further chewy brittle that can respite their girds. We promote them to calm go external plus maneuver or refreshment, yet thereupon batch around the sweeten for the viscous sate also we volition purchase that backward
http://www.auto-sprzedam.com |

11/21/2014 06:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks.
www.businessanalysissummit.com |

11/24/2014 03:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gathered useful information on this point as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this assignment.
europetravel101 |

11/25/2014 06:28:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers oered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
www.newfoodsolution.org |

11/27/2014 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home