Monday, July 08, 2013

The Life of a Story in Progress: 001 AKA The Episode in which Doris Gets Her Oats

One morning, when I was 4 years old, I left the apartment in which we lived before my mother awoke. My father was in Korea having been stationed there by the Air Force, so there was no one else to notice that I'd left.

I remember the large somewhat oval glass window in the massive wooden door at the bottom of the stairs. The glass was etched with designs and most of it was translucent. As I looked back, I saw the door to our apartment at the top of the stairs, which I had shut behind me.

I don't remember how I got there, but the next thing I remember was playing ring toss with the neighbors. I remember a little girl and a woman. After playing awhile, my mother came to get me. I don't remember if she said anything about having left the apartment alone.

Update: I added this picture on July 24th, 2013. I didn't know I HAD a picture of me at that apartment. It was in Provincetown, MA.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home