Wednesday, August 07, 2013

The Life of a Story in Progress 15: How did I do it?

Considering the fact that I am terrified to fly in a plane (as opposed to on my own power), it's amazing I've gotten around the globe as much as I have. The last time I flew was several years ago when we had taken a European vacation. 

We sailed to Europe on the Queen Mary II and sailed back on the Carnival Jewel. On the cruise home, when the ship arrived in Iceland, we decided we didn't need to continue on the ship for the remaining day(s) at sea and the visit to a couple of Canadian ports that we'd already been to several times. So, we flew back from Iceland. That was a turbulent flight, and became the last time I flew. I probably won't fly again.

Many of the countries I've visited were ones that I sailed to on a cruise ship. Besides the usual Caribbean ports, I've sailed to Costa Rica, Panama, Bermuda and Europe.

I've also flown to Europe and then sailed to many European ports.

The last cruise that I took was in February of 2013. Unfortunately, the ship ran into rough seas and I lost my taste for cruising. 

Here's a list of the countries I've been to (44):

1.       Anguilla
2.       Antigua
3.       Aruba
4.       Bahamas
5.       Barbados
6.       Belgium
7.       Bermuda
8.       Bulgaria
9.       Canada
10.   Cayman Islands
11.   Columbia
12.   Costa Rica
13.   Crete, Greece
14.   Curacao
15.   Cyprus
16.   Denmark
17.   Dominica
18.   Dominican Republic
19.   England
20.   Estonia
21.   Faroe Islands
22.   Finland
23.   France
24.   French Polynesia
25.   Germany
26.   Haiti
27.   Iceland
28.   Jamaica
29.   Japan
30.   Netherlands
31.   Nevis/St. Kitts
32.   Norway
33.   Panama
34.   Philippines
35.   Portugal
36.   Russia
37.   Saint Kitts/Nevis
38.   Saint Lucia
39.   Scotland
40.   Switzerland
41.   Turkey
42.   Turks and Caicos Islands
43.   United States of America
44.   Venezuela

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home