Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Things I Remember to Forget


Introduction:

The Mind's Memory. Is it mine or my mind's? And what if I mind my head? Thinking about minding my head gives me a headache. Also, my brain is sometimes out to get me. I know how that sounds. But this can happen to you too. 
My best advice is: don't let you thoughts take over your mind.

Remember the Alamo

Why is there a string around my finger?

The Story:

When I’m actively doing something like speaking, writing, working or being involved with any activity at all, I occasionally have a stray thought come through my mind. This thought may be about something I want to do in a few minutes, a few hours, tomorrow or even next week. Unfortunately, I almost never remember what it was that I wanted to do.

Actually, it’s amazing that I’ve remembered to write this at all.

So here’s the thing; let’s say I’m typing a story or a blog entry or a letter into a word doc (which is what I’m doing right now) and as I type, I think “Hmn, I sure could use a cup of coffee.” I continue typing thinking that surely I will remember to go get a cup of coffee at the end of the sentence or the paragraph. But, no, that doesn’t happen.

What does happen is that after a short while I remember that I wanted to do something but that I’ve forgotten what it was.

This is annoying.

Another thing that annoys me is not being able to remember the actual subject of the thought I’m in the middle of communicating. I might want to say “Yes, I know that the rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains,” but I’ll probably forget that the rain is in Spain and fumble at that point. And, if I remember the location of the rain, I’ll then stumble over where in Spain that rain is falling.

You know, I really DO want a coffee. I’ll get it in a few minutes.
I want to finish my train of thought first.

At times during which I cannot remember some key aspect of what I am communicating, there comes the inevitable stalling for time tactic of saying “uh” or “um” that hopefully buys me just enough time to remember the most important thing I’m trying to say…oh yeah, the rain falls in SPAIN! I knew that all along, but please don’t ask me where in Spain it falls. At least not right now.

At times, delaying tactics fail and a glaring silence announces my
complete coherent thought epic fail.
Ouch.

I asked my doctor if any of the medications that I am taking could contribute to the issues I’m now dealing with. Unfortunately, he said no. I pressed the issue a little, but he wasn’t buying it. He said something to the effect that “as we age…” blah, blah, blah... 
at which point I purposefully forget what else he said.

So there it is. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with me. I’m just aging. Hey wait! Maybe there’s a pill to enhance memory. No wait, there is! I bought some at the Vitamin Center. 
I just keep forgetting to take them

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.
www.cmdenttravel.com |

11/19/2014 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could post on the friendless of the blog owner. You may illustrate it's mesmerizing. Your blog feedback may add to your contacts.
http://www.complete-auto.com |

11/21/2014 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Quality content is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the site, that's what this website is providing.
www.konighealthcare.com |

11/25/2014 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I might want to thank you for your elegantly composed substance, its helpful and your written work style helped me to peruse it without any trouble.
www.exploreuktravel.com |

11/25/2014 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
www.sportscarrentalworld.org |

11/27/2014 02:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home