Wednesday, March 26, 2014

You've heard it all before

Banks are stupid
I called my bank to ask them to add a new account I had opened to the accounts that can be used with their online Bill Pay service. This is not a complicated request.

I also asked them to change the name of one of the other accounts. Again, not a challenging task.

Result?
A 10-12 minute phone conversation with the customer service rep with a very unpleasant attitude who would begin to explain things to me before I had finished asking my question. After she explained to me what it was she thought I was asking, I would then ask her my actual question. This irritated her and it was clearly apparent by her tone of voice. At some point, she asked me for some account security question and I answered it. She told me that it was an incorrect answer. I told her it was correct. She wouldn't accept my answer. I asked her to ask me a different security question, she said that I had to answer the one she'd asked. I told her that I had given her the right answer and I repeated it. She then needed to "reach out" (I HATE that term) to her "management team leader," AKA a person paid to think harder than she did.

On hold for about 2:30 min. and then she comes back and tells me the account I want to assign a new name to cannot be changed because I was logging on to online banking with the wrong username and therefore I couldn't access online banking.

This is stupid for two reasons.

1) she totally forgot that I hadn't answered the security question correctly and she was discussing my account with me without establishing that I was indeed the account holder.

 2) in the course of the conversation, she asked me to send her a screen shot of the page I was looking at to show her where it was I wanted to make an account name change. In order to DO this, I would have to be logged in to the Bill Pay service (something she had just told me that I could not do).

Result?
A decision that adding the account to Bill Pay was possible but would take a "couple of days" to be setup. (After all, it would involve a few people pushing a few computer buttons and that does take time).

She said: "we're really closed and trying to get out but we're just trying to get this problem done." Then she said she'd call me in the morning. (To address the complicated process of changing an account name.)

Result?
The account I wanted added to the Bill Pay service was added. However, instead of naming the account Dion Properties (the name of the account) it simply appeared with the last four digits of the account number.

The return phone call to address the other issue of changing the other account name didn't happen. As a result I still have an account named "rental" and a new unnamed account that the bank MADE me open to handle Dion Properties banking because once I opened the magical banking can of worms, they discovered that the current account for Dion Properties that I had been using for the last 4 years was not allowed.

Why?
Because it was a personal account and not a business account. I told them it was a business account. They disagreed. I told them the name of the account type was called: Business Premier Owner Legacy. They said it WAS a business account but that they had discontinued that account type "years ago."

I hung up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S EASY TO COMMENT!
Click the down arrow to the right of COMMENT AS: and select anonymous.

<< Home